Thursday, July 2, 2020

If It's Broken, Fix It!

Here we are in a new month.  Finally.  Or is it already?  Or is it both?  Time can be funny like that, seemingly plodding along when one is in the thick of things and then seeming to have flown by.  The beginning of a new month typically feels like a good time for me to hit the “reset” button.  July usually is doubly so because it’s my birthday month.  It’s a good time to take mental stock – what has been a distraction?  What has been a detriment to me in the last month that I can try to get rid of?  What was a good and constructive way to spend my time?  How can I budget more time for the good activities and less for the detrimental ones?

Typically, one of my monthly “resolutions” will have to do with taking care of certain things I’ve been neglecting to do, whether in my secular life or in my spiritual life.  I ask myself, what feels broken or out of place?  Can I do something about it, or is it out of my control?  If I can do something about it, how can I fix it?  Do I need help to fix it?  How can I get help if I need it?  It’s an interesting mental exercise to go through, and most of the time, if there is a problem in my secular life, adding something to my spiritual life is a good way to try to fix what is “broken.”

Is there something in your life that feels “broken” right now?  Do you have control over it?  If you do, what could you add or change to “fix” it?

No comments:

Post a Comment