Thursday, November 15, 2018

Take a Breath


For me, October seemed extremely busy.  I’m sure part of it was due to the fact that I am in the first year of a new job and finding out all the things that needed to be done before November started.  Last week I felt like I could finally take a breath and think about other things – things that I had been putting on the back-burner for the last month because it felt like I just didn’t have time.  With the approach of the holiday season, I know things will get busy again, perhaps even more so, because there will be family commitments and events in my personal life as well as things going on at work.

This in-between time of fewer commitments and more time spent with my family emphasizes to me that God never gives us more than we can handle.  It might feel like we are being pushed to our limits, but He will never push us past our limits.  And, when He pushes us to our limits, there is usually time afterward to recover ourselves and regain our former strength.

So, when we are going through a difficult period in our lives, we should remember that God, who is all-knowing, knows what is best for us.  He gives us times of struggle so we have a chance to turn to Him for help.  If we turn to Him in prayer, whether directly or through the intercession of the Saints, He will provide an answer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment