Monday, August 22, 2016

Seeing clearly



Recently I broke the screen on my phone.  I don’t mean a little crack; my screen was shattered.  As I waited for the new screen to come in, I had to deal with what I had.  I used clear fingernail polish to cover the many small cracks so I wouldn’t cut my fingers.  I learned to work around the cracks and use my phone as it was.

Our lives start with a brand new screen, like our phones.  When we sin our screen gets cracked and we have trouble seeing the world clearly. Sometimes we learn to work around the consequences of our sin, but the cracks are there to stay unless we turn to God.

When my screen came in, I took my phone to the store and waited all afternoon for the new screen to be put on the phone.  While I was waiting, I ran errands for work.  During this time, I missed phone calls, texts and emails.  Some of them were important, but there was nothing I could do until I had my phone back.

Just like with my phone, we have to repair our lives and our relationship with God when we sin.  This starts with acknowledging our sin and then confessing it. Sometimes correcting our lives can be painful and it can take time.  But if we let God work in our lives we will be blessed with a “new screen”.

No comments:

Post a Comment