Monday, February 27, 2012

I STOLE THIS LIST!

These Ten Questions to Ask Yourself are in a post on Rachel Held Evans' blog.  She has gathered some great thoughts to help us get the most out of this Lenten season.

1. When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different?
 
2. Is there a habit or sin in my life that repeatedly gets in the way of loving God with my whole heart or loving my neighbor as myself?  How do I address that habit over the next 40 days?

3. Is there anyone in my life from whom I need to ask forgiveness or pursue reconciliation?

4. What practical steps can I take to carve out time for daily contemplation?
 
5. What spiritual discipline do I need to improve upon or want to try?
 
6. What are some things in my life that I tell myself I need but I don’t?  Can I give one or two of them up for 40 days?
 
7. Why am I giving this particular thing up?  How does giving it up draw me closer to God and prepare me for Easter? 
 
8. What am I going to tell myself when self-denial gets hard?
 
9. Is it necessary/helpful for me to share the nature my fast with others or should I keep it private?
 
10. What do the ashes mean to me this year?  What does baptism mean to me this year?

You can read the entire article, “40 Ideas for Lent,” here.

No comments:

Post a Comment